100% of my Listings last year, Sold and Closed last year!

Yes, that is correct; 100% of my Listings last year, Sold and Closed last year!  I didn't realize until recently how remarkable that number really is.  In our office of Harry Norman, Realtors we have agents that present a new listing at every weekly sales meeting.  I pick up the local Dunwoody Crier Newspaper and see full-page ads from agents and agencies showing tons of Listings.  I get e-mail blasts from various agents announcing yet another new Listing.

For the first two years in this business, that used to bother me a lot.  I kept thinking "why" don't I have a new Listing every time I turn around?  It would drive me crazy when an Agent's Ad would show 6, 7, or 8 new Listings especially if I have worked with that Agent and know that nothing more than the ad and a Yard Sign were the entire Listing Process!!!

I actually went to my Broker and asked one day; "how many of these Listings actually Sell by the Agent who Listed it" and I was shocked to find a 75% plus Listing Failure Rate!  "If that were me" I said, "I would crawl under a rock in shame".  My Broker proceeded to explain to me that Listings are the lifeblood of the Realtor's business.  I completely understand that but what about success rate or sell-thru rates (as we used to say in the garment business)....  If I am only selling 25% of my initial Listings and spending huge dollars to promote the other 75% then my question would be "why"?

My advice to a homeowner looking to sell and interviewing multiple Agents would be to ask what their success rate was with Listings.  If an Agent is Selling and Closing less than 25% of what he/she lists; why would you sign with them?  Doesn't it make a whole lot more sense to give your Home Listing to someone with a much higher average? 

I am NOT a Listing Machine and I do NOT shuttle Buyers around 7 days a week looking for homes; but I have in three years managed to hit numbers greater than those in the business for 30 years.  I provide much-needed individual attention to each of my Clients and today that should be a critical part of the business. 

If you are searching for a home, townhome or condo to purchase or you are contemplating selling your current home anywhere in the Executive Communities of North Atlanta Georgia; you need to contact me! And remember I Sold and Closed 100% of my Listings last year!!!

0 commentsJohn H. Mason • March 08 2012 11:26AM
100% of my Listings last year, Sold and Closed last year!
share
Yes, that is correct; 100% of my Listings last year, Sold and Closed last year! I didn't realize until recently how remarkable that number really is. In our office of Harry Norman, Realtors we have agents that present a new listing at every weekly… more