When I first relocated to the Atlanta Georgia area back in 1990 from Chicago; my house-hunting in North Fulton County Georgia was simple. At that time there were only a few well-defined suburbs and communities north of Atlanta from which to choose. The main corridor, GA400 was only a few lanes wide and ended at the intersection of Interstate 285, our loop around Atlanta. Few Country Clubs and large home developments even existed in 1990 so the choices were slim. Shopping outside Interstate 285 (also known as outside the Perimeter) was even more problematic as Lenox, Phipps and Perimeter Mall were THE only destinations.
Things have certainly changed in 20 years. North Fulton County has been divided up into communities that all voted to become cities with their own Mayors, City Managers, Police Forces, Fire Departments and Elected Officials. Each city is working diligently to form their individual identities:
- City of Roswell Georgia has a wonderful Park & Recreation Department with year-round activities for everyone in the family.
- City of Milton Georgia prides itself on the rural charm of Horse Country and keeping it that way.
- City of Johns Creek now boasts one of the highest Per-Capita Income zip codes in the Southeast United States.
- City of Sandy Springs has allocated tax dollars toward building new and rehabilitating Green Space throughout the community.
- Buckhead Community, our Beverly Hills of the Southeast has outstanding high-rise Condominium options for those seeking a very vibrant Night Life.
- City of Alpharetta is now home to one of the largest shopping destinations in the Metro-Area: North Point Mall.
As the population continues to grow in North Fulton, and these new communities invest in the future of their residents; a gracious style of life will continue to evolve. Real Estate options in each of these new cities are as diverse as the population. As I mentioned, the Buckhead Community has New York City style high-rise condominium options galore, but the area remains one of the most sought-after for Southern Charm Mansions with rolling lawns and manicured landscaping. Newer home developements have sprung up throughout North Fulton and many have the Golf Course amenities or at least Neighborhood Pool Clubs with active Youth Swim Leagues. Additional information on real estate options and pricing can be found via my website: www.JohnHMason.com
I have been a resident of this area for 21 years and have watched all the changes and all the growth.... particularly in the Public School System which has struggled to keep up with the enrollment. If you have any questions about these special communities; please contact me.